Thursday, March 17, 2022

I Should Have Taught Him

I should have taught my little brother

what I learned from fairytales - how it

feels to be Cinderella, staying behind

as others prepare for the ball; why we

must know what we are made of, like

Snegourka, the Snow Maiden

 

To be prepared for melting when trying

to compete in the heat outside; knowing

fairytales I’m always resigned as things

go wrong, lack of success never leads

to my considering to end it all as every

dream I wanted to achieve is lost

 

Due to my own shortcomings, I should

have taught my little brother accepting

responsibility means never blaming any

other, simply accept the blame then try

to overcome your own failings; there

is so much I should have taught him

 

Which would have made him strong and

given hope and courage to get up once

again after falling down for the millionth

time, I should have held his hand when

his heart was broken once again, sad-

ness blinding him to the sun outside

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...