Monday, October 12, 2009

Heart Breaking Again

Once again brought ALL my documents home
refuse to watch TV, refuse to do anything until
I have mastered my projects, reading the Dutch
legal request, reads like Greek to me, I do not
understand a single term, can’t find equivalents
on Google at all, even direct translation requests
brought no results, verbalisant with Lurisnummer
where the hell am I supposed to find that?

I am the worst translator that’s ever been, cannot
stand the pressure of trying to master Dutch at my
high old age, the books we read at school never
prepared me for this - Gerdientje, Ciske de Rat
Orpheus in de Dessa, – oh no – Kaas by Willem
Elsschot – this Is terrible, all the saddest stories
were in Dutch, I cannot read this without
my heart breaking again!

Gerdientje - ?
Ciske de Rat - ?
Orpheus in de Dessa - ?
Kaas – Willem Elsschot

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...