Tuesday, October 13, 2009

In The Dog-Box Again

Swimming in the pool, the water soft and
cool, the day’s conversation going through
my mind, June lamenting the frequent work
reviews we have to complete without any
response, reading correspondence, re-
playing replies in my head

Hanlie’s laughter, Hermien’s insistent typing
my own boredom with my legal document
dreaming of books I can’t wait to read, the
texts I brought home for forcing self-dis-
cipline upon myself, wish I could
stay in a state of meditation

Until my mind switched off…

In an exemplary show of good intent I looked at
my document, statement and invoice for trans-
lation, losing courage seeing new terms, cold
and alone, no grammar or sentence structure
but June has bequeathed me with Monty
Python’s “Life of Brian – Immaculate
Edition”

A DVD to be enjoyed; hubby ready to watch
Chuck the spy-nerd series, I want to watch
So You Think You Can Dance afterwards
conscience demanding work to make up
for my slow progress – yet letting go of
the wonder of these moments at home
would be such a waste

I will keep the work with me wherever I go
until it is finished, without missing a beat
of the happy things happening around
me – and just as I was enjoying new
rapport with all aboard, hubby dis-
covered the loss of five silver
coins which I took

Without consent - aha, the end of
my new-found peace, in the
dog-box again…

13 October 2009

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...