Thursday, October 29, 2009

‘Song In Siberia’ - Deyneka

Started reading Song in Siberia
about persecuted churches in
Russia, I am so glad that I am
not persecuted or rejected for
my strange beliefs, my brother
says I am free to investigate
everything

This book is a painful read, the
confusion of those who believed,
members of the church of Barnaul,
a city second only to Novosibirsk,
when Religious Persecution inten-
sified - always scared of rejection
I cannot imagine

Such pain without suffering myself,
hubby watching comedies on TV -
cannot stay out of my own mind for
such a long time, after watching TV
I need to withdraw into my own
shell, cannot stand visual stimu-
lation for so long

Have to follow my thoughts, hubby
insists watching Top Gear and Casper
de Vries; I cannot, a dance program
and Chuck and Pushing Daisies are
already unsettling enough, need to
turn my eyes on my mind, please
do not force me to watch

Watching too much is bad, takes away
my liberty, my imagination baulks,
thoughts are injured, need words
that allow the mind to supply the
scenes

(Information overload is dangerous
can only process a small take
on reality…)

Anita and Peter Deyneka “A Song in Siberia”
Collins, London, 1978

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...