Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Wild Desire

Now my credit card is gone, library
membership is free and I can read
to my heart’s content! Reading Desert
In the City by Carlo Carretto, a Catholic
priest, in obedience to the exhortation in
the Islamic book on Universal Sufism to
seek balance, harmony and beauty

Both spiritual books offer a harmonious
view of spiritualism, embracing all religion,
exhorting us to concentration also, I shall
concentrate on balancing everything by
discussions with my voluble brother who
understands my wild desire to find out
all there is about the human soul…

Carlo Carretto “The Desert In the City” Collins 1979
HJ Witteveen “Universal Sufism” Element Books 1977

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...