Tuesday, October 20, 2009

There Is Nowhere Else

Keeping my mind
stable on a minor key,
not daring to enjoy anything,
do not want to lose concentration
not allowing time for joyous me

Remaining tethered to the here and now
is dreadful, only words about ogres and
witches in a book reaching beyond the
misery, determined to force my un-
willing spirit to stay the course

Never created anything else
hung in there because
there is nowhere else …

People commend awareness and
meditation as an antidote to depression
but so-called reality depresses me, I can
contemplate, but never meditate…

1 comment:

matt at shadow of iris said...

Reality versus fantasy.

Poets spin fantasy, which determines reality.

Keep weaving your web. You know no what you might catch next.

:-)

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...