Thursday, October 29, 2009

Wrote In My Diary

Hubby ordered André Rieu, Live in Maastricht Two
for me, to listen again to Ole Guapa, Buglers’ Holiday
Funiculi Funicula with André Rieu commenting him-
self; the people of Maastricht responding warmly, I
am burning inside, my lips in a tight line; trying to
remain ready to translate trigonometry
tomorrow - but I am not

The naughty James Bond girl got hold of the plot
graphic pictures in my mind that no-one must find
pasted pictures in my notebook, Wall.E and a dra-
gonfly fairy, I’m too excited to settle down, cannot
start on my book, have to discipline my mind, yet
to be scared again, feel anxiety - the only way
to force my focus into reality

Makes me so unhappy, I shall postpone feeling the
pain of transition tonight, it is impossible to alight on
the ground, my mind is floating beyond my little life
I can get it down by scaring myself; I refuse to do
so tonight, tomorrow I shall press the scorpion of
pain in my hand until the pain goes away, tonight
I shall allow my happy side out, even though

She is dangerous, in tears when reading poetry,
sings at the top of her voice, thin-lipped me
watching her carefully, she has no right to
exist, never works on a translation, when
she is in charge, she writes limericks,
playing on the Internet, she laughs
all the time

How can anyone stand it?

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...