Friday, October 9, 2009

Secret To Be Defended

Both Nici and Tiaan left the company
the Voice is holding forth with a nasal
condescending insistence which leaves
everybody dumb, arguing without
interference from the kids and
me, we surrendered to the
inevitable

Can’t compete with such vehemence
another week of banishment in my
own home, observing rules, when I
in infinite effrontery voiced an
opinion, a ferocious reaction
taught me - hold my tongue
be invisible

This is somebody else’s show, within
another week or two the house will
be ours again, until then we lie low
hide behind laptop and books
reading and covering up an
illegal depression, a secret
to be defended

Until the very end…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...