Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I Offer You My Love

Scared stiff by yet another
half-year review, the bridge
thrown by my soul over my
spirit’s dark abyss and my
fear’s deep crevasses and
unfathomable precipices

Went up in flames, the little
alien in my head fell down
unconscious, shocked, stuck
in a mine-shaft of despair,
I picked him up, completed
the review while burning

In humiliation and fear, tonight
I shall seek the heights of con-
templation where my soul should
find peace; seeking something to
love totally, absolutely, endlessly
since I need your love

I offer you my love and devotion,
my highest ideals…

Carlo Carretto “The Desert In the City” Collins 1979
Quoted from page 18 “The desert is a suspension
bridge thrown by the soul over the dark abyss of its
own spirit, over the unfathomable precipices of its
own fears. Such a desert leads to the heights of
contemplation where the soul, at peace at last,
lives by Him whom it loves totally, absolutely
and endlessly.”

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...