Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Life Is Illusion

There goes my self-discipline, TV invading
my life, reality shows show-casing people
and talents, dance programs muddling my
mind, Top Gear car programs to laugh at,
nerd spy stories reviving feelings while
destroying dead protocol

Did only one document before dinner and
family and TV claimed me, never went near
my books, Nici explaining her problem with
beaus to her dad, I cannot listen to a teen-
ager’s ravings, her dad would have been
a great psychologist, he understands

While symbols and ideas make more sense
to me, not interested in psychology or socio-
logy, give me spiritualism and philosophy,
give me sound and melody, rhythm and
rhyme, but do not subject me to a voice
explaining soap opera experience

Life is illusion, all love is a mind-game, sense
experience is a biological event, short-lived
and transient, I want the essence behind the
appearance, the platonic world of perfection,
the eternal circle of infinite dreams and
celestial visions

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...