Sunday, October 11, 2009

Work At Will

Because I feel ill, I seek energy in
anything, when I eat, the allergy be-
comes worse, I am tired all the time
and read spiritual books on inner
harmony and beauty, the Sufi’s say
life is all about balance

If I were a happy, healthy me, I would
not have read spiritual books, seeking
for help; I would have sung and danced
in the sun - if we chose our own problems
before the soul came to earth, I must have
chosen this for a specific purpose

Not able to concentrate, another failure
according to the Sufi’s, I cannot enjoy ac-
tivities, drifting about as restless as foam
on the sea, as unhappy as a roaming spirit
doomed to frequent the earth; hiding my dis-
comfort because I should not break diet rules

Sometimes getting well shortly, but this time
sinking into a well of allergic headache and
fatigue, I do not know how to hide this from
colleagues, do not want them to carry my
burdens, this weekend I did not finish my
work which is lagging behind

Soon I shall have to confess why my work is
standing still; if only I could work at will!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...