Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sad Beauty

All my meditation came to naught, I am
still petrified with fear when thinking of
the Dutch document and the list with
which to prove I really exist

Got hold of a book on Sufism to wake up
my mind, discovering I think like a Sufist
in my desire to become a melody, in my
wish to be a minor tone of sad beauty

I wrote yesterday my heart opened like a
flower and the Sufi Master says the same:
The heart is a flower blooming in beauty,
spreading its perfume - perplexed

I put the book aside, cannot concentrate,
still caught in a cold fear for life that makes
me long for escape, I wish I could cry away
the anxiety in the arms of my love

But he wants peace and quiet, no problems,
he said, I respect his need and keep the fear
inside, I shall keep looking for help to release
me from this estrangement…

Dr HJ Witteveen “Universal Sufism” Element Books, 1997
p. 13 Muslih-ud-Din compares the heart to a flower that
blooms in beauty and spreads its perfume

p.27 Inayat explained the magic of his music in this way:
“My music is my thought and my thought is my emotion.
Diving into the ocean of feeling, I bring forth beautiful pearls
of melodies. Music creates feeling within me even before
others feel it. Music is my religion, to achieve perfection.”

1 comment:

is it poetry said...

Sad beauty...beauty runs in circles back to you..iip

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...