Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Separate, Unique Universe

Found the definition of wisdom
the mind is tied by rigid, limited
thoughts and ideas, the soul is
caught in this mind prison

Becoming wise requires unlearning and
contradicting one’s own ideas, the wisest
submits to others, the foolish stands firm
in their own opinion

The wise give up their thought easily -
accept its relativity, open to new ideas
all the time, look at everything from two
points of view, their own and another

This is why I enjoyed philosophy so much
embraced all new thought systems with an
open mind, trying them out, living the
thoughts of the thinkers of old

Existentialism was a most painful experience
while Dutch Reformism was even worse, I did
not cling to any preconceived thing, discovering
which ideas worked, applying everything

Finding proof in my experience, hubby still com-
plains about my habit to jump into every new
book, trying it out, forcing my thoughts and
feelings on him

All the strong people I love are dogmatic, look
upon every new thing with prejudiced eye,
refusing to test-drive another viewpoint -
but as long as they love me

Allow me freedom to try out new thoughts and
ideas, seeing everything from five different
viewpoints, losing myself; I adore them so
much and enjoy seeing the world

From their side – though I cannot stay there
with them, I must look through the eyes of
everyone else also; but I am loyal to all
these strong people who work and live

So beautifully – each one representing a
separate, unique universe!

HJ Witteveen “Universal Sufism”
Element Books 1997 p.108 & 109

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...