Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Tendency to Exist

Last half-hour at the office, tired, head
thick, longing for escape, patiently packing
my documents, determined to keep reading
them until all rebellion has left my system,
letters begging for money, an unfolding
criminal case

I even lost interest in Carlo Carretto’s desert
meditation and the Sufi’s illuminated ecstasies,
no materialists with positivist fixations on sen-
sory stimulation left – all gone to bed; nobody
to tell about causal life replaced by

A tendency to exist

I had better follow my tendency to go home
and contemplate life in more
auspicious circumstances….

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...