Sunday, October 11, 2009

Class English Butler Voice

Cleaning the kitchen after watching the
end of Step Up II, becoming a character,
dancing my way through the chore, dis-
covering the dust storm covered all in a
film of red dust

Commenting loudly in my best upper class
English butler voice on the condition of the
kitchen, Tiaan complaining I’m making too
much noise - intrigued to discover that in
order to produce this aggravating voice

I have to pull the corners of my mouth down,
understanding why some people always wear
a sneer and a frown – the facial expression pro-
duces the voice they like, the sound with which
they express their disapprobation

Of everything on earth, our mental attitude deter-
mines the line of our mouths and wrinkles round
our eyes, Tiaan remarked for this new sound I made
there were no pills; that is how accurately moods re-
flect in our accents!

Movie called “Step Up II”, only saw the end, upper-
class accent based on old BBC programs and “Carry
On” movies.

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...