Monday, March 1, 2010

Food Glorious Food

*

Early at the office, looking for a starting
point, reading my guru’s wise advice -
when you look for a solution, you feel
positive emotion - knowing there is a
hole in my heart, looking to food as
the solution - went for breakfast

So much food it reaches into my mind,
now much better equipped to meditate
on infinity given the infinite girth round
my mid-riff, eating is not about hunger
it is about heartache and self-pity
dressing emotional wounds

When you disapproved of my clothing and
I felt like a fool on my way to work, it tore
a hole in my heart that could only be filled
by a lot of food, what does it matter how I
look, who gives a damn, as long as I feel
good? Food, glorious food!

(A gaping hole in the heart is worth an
overstuffed feeling in the stomach,
I prefer indigestion to heartache!)
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...