Monday, March 15, 2010

Solitude In My Mind

*

Been administrating all morning, looking
at my documents from Ankara and Kabul
in Afghanistan, realising I have lost my
early morning inspiration to shine

Threatening myself with bad marks does not
add to my ebbing motivation, a threatening
headache is increasingly felt because of an
illegal breakfast of bacon on toast

Good fuel to get me going but once the allergy
reaction sets in, a price has to be paid in muscle
tightness, I accept the conditions of eating as
feeling inferior about administration

Is worse than physical discomfort, my colleagues
live such contented lives, smiling, doing routine
jobs without a sigh while I am always looking for
ways to escape the boredom of our daily grind

I spent some time in the peaceful solitude of my
mind, learning to find equilibrium in all circum-
stances, it is time to let the light shine, let the
wonder of words work its magic in me

Thinking of the divine as harmonious sound,
sensory reality being a symbol of the sublime
wishing for special words to change my cells
into musical instruments rejoicing in life

The freedom of choosing how to relate to all
behaviour, regardless of what is directed my
way, is affected by the allergy, I have to work
harder than anyone else

Wish I could retain the ideal of solitude
in my mind, but it is long gone…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...