Thursday, March 11, 2010

Reliving Emma, Jane Austen

*
Just wolfed down a waffle before I waddled
back to my desk, today Emma is my heroine
Mr Knightly perplexed by her unwarranted
meddling in her friend’s affairs

She found to her chagrin a misunderstanding
threatened her friend’s future prospects, she
desisted and changed tack - I like Emma very
much, warm, impetuous, compiling lists

Of books to read that she never really gets
around to, unabashedly reliving Jane Austen’s
novel to feed my need for fantasy as I’m
getting ready for French class

Becoming the clown or dunce in the group -
I prefer being a harlequin, laughing to cover
the tears underneath, somersaulting while
vaulting over all obstacles…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...