Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Safe Sanctuary

*

My highest ideal - to find inner peace
of trust in myself – not in my fragile
self-image - making self-respect so
strong it sustains me at all times,
fortifies my love and affection
even when things go wrong –
self-respect never shirks
responsibility, the only
foe to fear is FEAR itself,
the only enemy is MYSELF –
self-respect is my
greatest ally

When I was a child, I feared self-
degradation more than anything else
then I learnt self-respect elevates the
world beyond all forms of degradation
and redeems all who have already
suffered the pain of degradation
if they are willing to accept the
redemption conferred by
honour and respect

The only things that can destroy self-respect
is our own vision and decision – no criticism
opinions or action can ever touch it – it is a
citadel, a safe sanctuary and the source
of love of self and everything else
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...