Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Own Monster Characters

*
It is not what you accomplish, my guru
recommends, but how much you enjoy
what you are doing, I accomplish nothing
by scrubbing in my list of corrections and
I do not enjoy all this fiddling with specific
terms, yet if I wait until I can enjoy it before
starting my work nothing will ever get done

Doing my best to find the right accompaniment
to keep my imagination happy while fighting the
windmills of incompetence and fire-breathing dra-
gons of uninspiring documents, I keep a book on
my desk, today it’s Vivien Alcock’s Monster Garden
I like Frankie’s discovery of monster-growing
material, enjoy her adventures

As she learns why meddling with life is always
dangerous, but definitely exciting, I live like
Frankie, always creating my own monster cha-
racters then fighting them, enjoying the thrill
of Baroque horrors my mind conjures - all to
the tune of Strauss waltzes or when I
feel up to it, even Mantovani

Time to return to the present, find out when
to collect Tiaan from school, decide which
terrific and mind-blowing document to
take home to make up for lost time
lost in the maze of my
thoughts and
games
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...