Thursday, March 18, 2010

Every Golden Moment

*

I need to finish the book, too many ghosts
live in it, firstly the ghost of the author’s dis-
illusionment with loss of youth and beauty
secondly the ghosts of my sadness on
reading her nostalgia for all she had lost

The book actually captured all for her, if only
she knew that her experience is still alive and
not a single moment of their happy stay on
the holiday island is lost, that every golden
moment will live for ever in the pages

To be resurrected every time someone reads
her book, relativity asserts time is stretched
out before us in its entirety and we can return
to all events at will; maybe she has discovered
it and is visiting even now, enjoying the sun

And the wonderful friendship of the people on
the island in the Adriatic Sea, maybe she
could add a postscript today – that Lana,
Dusica, Lydia and Lijljana are forever on
stage doing their pirouettes

In the ever-present, ever-renewed moment
of eternity, when I add ‘Tom’s Midnight
Garden’ by Philippa Pearce to explain
how it works, I am sure Nada Curcija-
Prodanovic would understand -

- perfectly - and rejoice with me!
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...