Saturday, March 20, 2010

My Repertoire

*
When in pain a fantasy carries
me through, strange how my
first story books ideas always
appear first, as steel girders
stiffen around my head

I reverted back to yet another
Konsalik character, a doctor in
a Russian hospital, I wonder
what my repertoire would have
been like if I had not read

The specific books that live in
my head, after watching the movie
Thomasina* I played I was Mary
Ruadh when I looked in the mirror
but from the beginning

It was Konsalik’s passionate post
Second World War characters that
asserted their hold over my mind
whenever the allergy necessitated
splitting away from myself


Postscript:

I first read Konsalik when I was nine and
immediately felt an affinity with Russian
history and the events after the Second
World War

I used to abhor the effects of food, the
headache and muscle weakness, until
I started to play that the allergy was a
special gift

That enabled me to start a spiritual quest
for the meaning of life, thus far the most
promising answer I have found is un-
conditional love


Thomasina* - Book by Paul Gallico, made
into a film
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...