Thursday, March 4, 2010

Fantasize & Midriff-Engirdling Waffle

*
With a twinkle in his eye my guru says
there is no risk, fantasize as much as
you want, indeed, I smile happily, then
I had better get busy with my fantasy
the day is far gone with very little going
on, time to create a challenge

For my heroine, let her face embarrass-
ment, extricate herself from a complicated
intrigue with the very best results and inner
peace, of the kind I always dream of but
never achieve, I shall realize all my ideals
through my heroine

I shall not make her as sweet as Fanny
of Mansfield Park, of course, I prefer
the arch mischievousness of a lively
Elizabeth Bennet, the only solution is
to recreate the adoration of Mr Darcy
to make my story progress

Nothing can replace the enchantment
woven by Jane Austen - though my
Elizabeth will be more of a comedy
show, given my need for humour
and absurdity….

***********************************

Midriff-Engirdling Waffle

Lekgoletsi organised an enjoyable female
colleague bonding meal ritual at the Wimpy
and Motlagosebatho, Mashudu, Machoene
Mamokhele, Azwinndini, and Siphesihle will
be there, a litany of names I can’t pronounce

We shall have to play the introductory game
I shall be an undercover agent, I ordered my
meal in advance; as my heroine has already
been embarrassed and Darcy is at hand to
save the day, I felt like rejoicing

I chose a wonderful waffle with which to spoil
my appetite for better food, if my guru says
we should fantasize, I feel free to improvise
in all aspects of my life, what better way to
celebrate colleagues with exotic names

Than indulging in the wicked delight of a
life-shortening, midriff-engirdling waffle
with ice-cream and syrup?
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...