Friday, March 5, 2010

Catatonic Catastrophic Calamity

*
When illegal waffle meets outlawed
sausage roll, the chemicals in my body
have a ball, my brain summarily seizes
short-circuiting my whole nervous system
I spiral down into the darkness beneath
all senses close up, I cover my face in dol-
lops of Vicks Vaporub, lose all decision-
making capacity, churning in a maelstrom
of free radicals and adrenaline

Cannot summon enough motivation to do
my job, knowing it’s attitude that counts, not
results and rewards, as the vice-grip around
my temples tightens, I wonder why I ate so
many illegal things until I remember the
feeling of emptiness which I am trying to
fill, plug my heart with a barrage of warm,
soothing food, first-aid for my soul
sought in nourishment

Clickety-clack my colleague goes, working
incessantly, while I’m losing time, a million
years per second while my cells suffocate
one by one until diminished awareness
changes me into a sentient vegetable
a catatonic catastrophic calamity…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...