Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Admiration In Glowing Terms

*
Did you know I found the key to your personality
in your expressions, every time you open your
mouth to delineate things I shudder to think of
describing life in terms so brutal it is as if a knife
is plunged into my heart, I understand that you
cannot be different and I love you for it

Even though I was born with a need for secrecy
and dreams, I wish I were a bit more like you, now
you are no longer angry at me for closing my eyes
each time horrors present themselves, only laugh
at my stupidity with kind indulgence, I find refuge
in your strength whenever dangerous thoughts

Surface in my mind, knowing your icy stare will deflect
all my fears, no ill feeling can reach me while you are
holding the steering wheel, before I knew about differ-
rent personality types, I could not fathom strength such
as you command, now that I am older and wiser
I love the way you present yourself

Though I can never become a carbon copy of you
I have to express my admiration
in glowing terms…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...