Saturday, March 6, 2010

Debi Gliori, Scrumptious!

*

Time for drastic measures, put my exciting book
away and apply some psychology, counting my
blessings, realizing again why it’s a privilege to
have duties, turn my back on growing intrigue
the dragon spilled Signora Borgia’s toast

Before setting it alight, used her cashmere shawl
to put the fire out, the nanny, an immortal caught
by a demon, refuses to give up the Chronostone
to S’tan in Hades, her friend Death is delighted
to visit her on an island out of time, marvellous

The house spider has seven girl-tarantulas called
Novella, Epistolia, Anecdota, Trilogia, Epicsaga
Emailia, Diarya – this I must put aside to do my
work - but 'S’tan, First Minister of the Hadean
Executive, shouts he doesn’t do chill

He is in hell, he goes for roast, braise, boil, flambez
sear, toast; morosely he reflects that an immortal
lodged the Chronostone in the Etheric Library, he
started overeating until he fell asleep, stupefied
with calories, overweight, drugged, resembling

A slipping rock star instead of the horned Satan of
Biblical mythology, he tried a thongs-and-lobster
nightmare of a Mediterranean holiday'; no more,
the book is enchanting, I am losing the will to
force myself into the darkness of dead words

While these images are shining ever more brightly
- Thank you, Debi Gliori, for writing ‘Deep Water’,
your book changes awareness into such a
scrumptious experience!


Deep Water – Debi Gliori, Corgi, 2005
Quotes from various pages as well as
pages 83, 84
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...