Thursday, March 18, 2010

Nostalgic Sadness Forever

*

Finished reading ‘Ballerina’ an excellent
Afrikaans translation by André P Brink
published by Citadel Press - I am
crying, can’t say why

Feeling the same devastation I felt when
I was a child, hubby’s laughing at me, he
thinks it is funny when I cry about authors
and books, how to explain

The awful feeling of loss to him, spiritual
authors teach humans prefer challenge
and excitement to safety and boredom
it should be enough

But tonight I descended into the pit of my
childhood depression on reading of things
too beautiful to capture and hold
too ephemeral to retain

Too fragile in its filigree beauty to trust to
the care of relativity, my feelings are
stuck in first gear, nostalgic
sadness forever…
*


“Ballerina” translated by André P Brink, published
by Citadel Press, Lansdowne, 1972
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...