Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Snapping At Me To Feed It

*
Delightful day, marvelous activity, budget
curtailed, cannot pay to have translations
done into mother tongue – so we do it our-
selves, with the help of Google and IATE
calling upon Yahoo and Webster’s we make
our way amongst strange expressions, to me
it is such fun, creating a different music, com-
pose a new song, the crocodile loves this

Tonight is dragging its leaden feet as we
wait for Tiaan to finish his rugby game before
we eat, the pre-set navigator cannot find the
address of the strange school in Eldoriagne
where he is playing, we sit around on tenter-
hooks, the vegetables are spoiling, the meat
still undone, routine destroyed, I did not even
open my book or write anything

Wishing the waiting period would end so we
can make something of the last bit of the night
the crocodile inside my mind is growing bored
snapping at me to feed it exciting ideas, yet
without Tiaan here, I cannot serve the
crocodile, hoping it won’t become
disorientated if left too long…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...