Monday, March 22, 2010

Heavily Overcast, Today

*
Heavily overcast on my day of promise
today the delicious meringue toffee cake
will be mine, you promised, I have been
looking forward to it since January, every
time there is reason to postpone fulfillment
It was to be yesterday, the kids made break-
fast, you claimed it was too much to eat, today
I shall indulge in a piece of sin so sweet I have
been licking my lips for ages, there is no stopping
me, since I cannot enjoy the caress of the sun this
morning, even the wind is cold, I am playing Olé
Guapa over and over, dancing along with a
phantom lover, waiting that you keep your
promise - then the phantom lover might
become you - for aught you know!

Postscript: The sun so much approves
of my sentiments, he sent a ray of warm light
through the leaves of the Strelizia to greet me
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...