Monday, March 15, 2010

Reconstructing The Dance

*

I find I have a choice of
staring at nothing and
feeling guilty or looking
at pictures - I chose
the ballet

Reconstructing a dance
sequence Lana would
imagine as she fell asleep
at night, unable to stay
awake to order her mind

Thoughts and impress-
sions she gathered during
the day, to make sense of
the questions she filed away
during a hectic routine

Classes with Mlle Nina
intrepid General leading
her dancing troupe to new
heights conquering
hearts wherever they go

A wonderful story of Soviet
regime ballet, revealing
how the public found solace
in art, sharing food, working
together to produce costumes

For concerts - with descriptions
of delicate landscapes covered
in glittering snow
ah, so beautiful…


Based on the book "Ballerina"
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...