Saturday, May 14, 2022

Enjoying Each Other's Stories

[Diary Notes continued]


In the end we talked most about the Kruger National

Park, our favourite place to hang out, large numbers

of elephants and aggressive large birds, Martin and

Hans recalled 10 km races in which they participated

 

After spending the previous night under the influence

of Bacchus or eating garlic so that other participants

stayed far away from them and Thea showed me her

beautiful sewing, making aprons and I ordered one for

 

Myself - and book marks, though wonderful to behold

I lose those all the time, not a great idea and then the

discussion focused on cooking and recipes, favourite

cookbooks - everyone exclaiming how great it was to

 

Read the cooks’ personal histories accompanying lists

of ingredients, I fell silent as nobody was interested in

Terry Pratchett and the Discworld, on to the plundering

last year, how men patrolled in Newcastle and how in

 

Pongola , 700 big trucks were saved in make-shift

overnight camps, how great it was when Taxi drivers

shot at the looters using big guns & real ammunition,

how security companies kept South Africa safe as the

 

Police actually participated in the looting and how the

Indian shopkeepers simply chased off the looters and

provided bread to the community, how South Africa was

saved by all races working together foiling the plans of

 

Political opportunists - I showed them my project book

with articles and photos delineating the success of the

rescue efforts afterwards: we all smiled enjoying each

other’s stories and company… 

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...