Friday, May 6, 2022

Vogon Poetry, Not Lugubrious

 Dear Greg Hmiel – You have probably read Vogon poetry*

on the Internet, following your suggestion poetry is bad for

the digestion I replied in Vogon poetry to critical strangers

who leave negative comment when Amira sings, I trust they

hate poetry as much as you do, then my replies will irritate

them no end! Here is my poetic reply to CLassicBird:

 

Head judge Gordon Heuckeroth sang opera himself

and I am very sorry to say that your kind intent in your

very sweet comment did not manage to convey the

very loving attitude you tried to imply while bad-mouthing

someone who did you no harm nor ever shall, but I hope

that you have found a better outlet for your insistent attempt

to help the uninformed towards the light of a better dawn and

that you use your considerable powers of argument to promote

the careers of those singers who meet with your delighted assent!


* Vogon poetry: Douglas Adam's "The Hitchhiker's Guide

to the Galaxy"

................................................................................................


To Greg Hmiel - You look and sound like a ray of sunshine

Gregg, and Hmiel sounds like you are from Heaven, while

Miel is French for Honey, I'm glad to see you are back and

graciously join the rest of us in delighting in the Diva called

 

Amira and I hope your happy spirit will make you resonate

with Amira's beautiful voice as it climbs, soars & shimmer

with her resonance, her voice will lift you higher than the

sky as it does the rest of us, always glad to see a fellow

 

Admirer show a twinkle in the eye just as I see in yours,

what a brilliant conversationalist you are, a real treasure

on the Amira fansite and you do not look lugubrious at 

all, I am glad to say...

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...