Monday, May 9, 2022

To Sparkle Through My Day

[Diary Notes]

Scrubbing can only be done with singing and dancing,

that is how Walt Disney portray Cinderella and it is the

right way to work up adrenaline and get down on all fours

to scrub a stained bathroom floor where the tiles have lost

their strong outer layer when a loyal scrubber tackled the

tiles with swimming pool acid and destroyed the lot so that

 

They remain dusty brown, unless we use a scrubbing brush

and lots of soap and muscle power, the best way to get through

the pain is to sing-song from Fiddler on the Roof, Anatevka and

Hava Nagila - these minor tunes express a labourer’s pain while

scrubbing away - though for me it is fun, things I have never done

as I worked in an office where research and filing came first, now

 

It is a game to get through my housekeeping day and I enjoy the

variety as it leaves me time to read and think and play music and

sing false if I like - when the CharMaster is out of range - feeling

sorry for him when sotto voce turns to fortissimo which it always

does in the end – to produce the bass Heino singer’s yodeling cry

which makes it feel as if all the bad spirits are leaving so only fun,

 

Joy and delight remain to sparkle through my day…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...