Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Live Life As Fast As I Could

[Memoirs]

we see and sing songs we knew in our youth

the mind really exerts a rejuvenating influence, today

I feel forty years younger when I look at the books I

received from Peter Pan in Neverland: campfire songs

 

My brothers used to sing, funny Quatschlieder, an old

songbook called: ‘Die Halleluja’ filled with pieces our

church choir practiced, as I keep reading & humming

the years fall away, I see my exasperated mother as

 

All the choristers were playing pranks on each other,

sopranos vying for the best solo parts & as we sang,

I waved my arms to indicate faster, faster; and I can’t

really blame my poor conducting mother for losing her

 

Mind after these incidents by unruly fun-loving singers,

it was so much fun the be there and I decided to help

Miemsie, small daughter of my favourite Tant Raaitjie,

a beautiful soprano, to colour her pictures, and in the

 

End I even joined in the chorus, waving & gesticulating  

for an increase in speed: singing slowly seemed such

a waste as I wanted to live life as fast as I could, there

was so much to discover and so far to go, I didn’t want

 

To slow down for a song or anything else

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...