Monday, May 23, 2022

Darkening Pastel Clouds

Gold and green against an azure sky - golden

sun on yellowing leaves - glowing brown bricks

of the house next door - powdery white clouds

with tinted purple edges- a bottlebrush glowing

 

In emerald hues right in front of me - I can see

the individual leaves in detail, cycads like brave

sentinels keeping watch over the garden and I

dislike the idea of leaving the emerald canopy

 

Of my garden and surrounds on Sunday - the

neighbour’s Washingtonia against the sky as

it is shimmering all by itself & the golden hue

intensifies by a few degrees-the sun’s sinking

 

Lower against a backdrop of faint blue clouds

the garden darkens & the gilded treetops look

brighter than before with a radiantly blue sky

behind the darkening pastel clouds sailing by

 

Majestically: Come again - sweet day of wild

delight - oh come and stay…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...