Thursday, May 5, 2022

Delightful South African Sun & Postscripts

[Diary Notes]

I’ve reached that typical South African phase where

my concession to the autumnal weather is wearing

two pairs of shorts instead of just one, also two short-

sleeved T-shirts - to get rid of the outer layer as soon

as I meet the Sun shining with its usual gusto outside

 

I tan more in autumn and winter than in summer since

the sun is slanting, at that angle the heat is enchanting

and I build a nest on the front porch, a beach umbrella

to shade my eyes and the delightful heat of the Sun on

my legs until the roof obscures the Icharus path of my

 

My best friend, the Sun, then I move to the sunroom or

patio where the slanting Sun is smiling from the other

side, continuing our bright friendship with my donning a

hat for protection and the Sun graciously acquiesce by

winking with silver rays which I keep at bay with my

 

Sunglasses like golden syrup which changes the sun’s

silver world into a soft, luminous pearl which reflects the

sun’s silver glare with the green phosphorescence of the

most beautiful jewelry box shimmering in delicate shades

of opal, sapphire and emerald where I can read & dream

 

Once I can tear my eyes from the beauty created for me

by my best friend, the delightful South African Sun!


Postscript: My concession to cold did not last all that long,

once on the porch it is too hot & the second layer is gone,

I built a swallow’s nest that will drive the Lord & Master of

the Crocodile Castle, or Scorpio as I like to call him, insane

but that is the name of the game, to enjoy some freedom I

 

Have to oppose the CharKnight sometimes, absolute power

corrupts absolutely and he has been given that power for too

long, now he tinkles past in his Tinker Bell shoes and the frown

on his face is a bad sign - oi vey - teaching a Scorpio is a very

difficult thing - but I feel very brave today, so we’ll see 😊


Second Postscript: No problem, Scorpio bought us ice cream,

our favourite delight, now I shall indulge, forgotten all juvenile

dreams of losing weight, I shall arrive in the afterlife eating an

ice cream - like the Auditor Myria LeJean in Terry Pratchett’s

“Thief Of Time” who drowned herself in a chocolate cauldron

 

And I wish I were Susan StoHelit, granddaughter of Death, when

she met Lobsang Ludd, Time’s son, in the Castle of Glass or in

her class - in the cupboard while chewing a chocolate also!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...