Wednesday, May 4, 2022

NEVER Make A Mess

[Diary Notes]

Working with plastic gloves is a revelation, now I

scrub the black moss growing in the shower with

bleach without fear that my skin will blister & tear,

our little crocodile kid bought gloves in size small

and for the first time it was easy to wash dishes

with gloves on my fingers, then she wanted us to

 

Start cracking nuts in the garden with a hammer

on an anvil, ears deafened by the clang of hammer

on iron and Nici bravely forging on - the Lord and

Master of the Crocodile Castle came out with a

warning: You MUST tidy up afterwards - and my

latent OCD was awakened by his complaint - to

 

Never start making a mess, as soon as someone

starts preparing food in the kitchen I run in & start

washing the dishes as if I were an automaton just

programmed for cleaning, like Marvin the Paranoid

Android* made to solve problems yet all the while

working manually, that’s me to a Tee - never

 

Make a mess, just NEVER make a mess!

 

[*Marvin: Robot character in Douglas Adam’s “Hitchiker’s

Guide To The Galaxy”]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...