Thursday, May 26, 2022

Cowboy Classics, Wanted Them All Dead

[Diary Notes]

Movie day, time for Cowboy Classics, Clint Eastwood,

Unforgiven, great theme, never seen it before, neither

did my Beloved or Barbara and we are excited, my Little

Tin Soldier balancing on one leg is pirouetting as he is

 

Rediscovering his role in life, lifting his hand in salute and

I’m balancing within reality with hallucination and fantasy

chasing each other in my game of living with my guardian

angels - as non-physical consciousness taking an interest

 

In human affairs: the angels are my friends while conscious-

ness is trying to teach us something, I see glimpses of them

in Jane Roberts and my favourite Terry Pratchett - claiming

there are four lesser horsemen, that is Screaming, Confusion

 

Chaos and Mayhem* or something: I’ll clean the kitchen, then

some of these will depart and I hope synchronicity will play its

part in teaching me something about eternity and our role in

the larger scheme of things….

----------------------------------------------------------------------

AND the movie was awful, horrible, just the last few scenes 

where Clint Eastwood killed the sheriff and all his men were

worthwhile, yet did not make up for watching a nasty series 

of terrible scenes making me nauseous, this is the last time


I watch a movie without Googling everything, I hated this 

one, had to watch it with my friend, this is the end of any

movie club, the only beautiful thing was Clint Eastwood

accurately shooting everyone - yet a few were left alive  


Ain't that a shame - I wanted them ALL dead in the end!     


[* Panic, Bewilderment, Ignorance and Shouting - p. 40,

Terry Pratchett, Monstrous Regiment, Doubleday, 2003]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...