Sunday, May 8, 2022

The Neglected State Of My House

[Diary Notes]

With my sister-in-law coming to visit, I need

a strategy to clean the house properly, to lift

every object and dust under and around it, to

wash every dishcloth and apron and dust the

chairs, to wash blankets & towels & sheets –

 

But I think it’s too late, there are too many things

that need washing and cleaning, it’s not possible

to turn into a perfect housemaker after an age

spent in an office, best to try and make the visit

so nice she will not notice or care about the state

 

Of the house, at least I know whatever she sees

she’ll be discrete, I can work on my housekeeping

skills until the next visit, then marked improvement

will make up for current shortcomings, and I have

to tidy the laundry cupboard and dust the spare

 

Bedroom with its uncomfortable blankets: it’s all a

disaster and there’s nothing to be done about it,

I hope we can sit on the front porch and discuss

the state of the world which is much worse than

the neglected state of my house

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...