Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Make Life Sparkle For Me

[Diary Notes]

Finally calm and quiet after running around,

cheap iPod now costs double as much after

returning the faulty one to the kind Pakistani

shaking his head; doing dishes & scrubbing

ice-boxes; I'm a bag lady with so many rags

& washing these took an age, deciding what


Things to pack for a visit to the Kruger Park where

it is cold at night, but warm during the day, requiring

clothing in layers to be shed as the day goes on and

we park at Sunset River to watch hippos- crocodiles-

baboons & various birds having fun while sitting in the

sun - takes lots of preparation: too cold and the trip is


Uncomfortable, too hot & the day becomes intolerable,

Nici now has the house to herself, but she is too easy-

going to have wild parties while we are gone, which is

good and bad - I wish she would enjoy herself - now

she’s ripping CD’s for my new iPod - so old-fashioned,

according to my son who refused to do it, he told me to


Listen through my cell-phone, but old-fashioned me who

had to progress from transistor radios and 25 mm home

movies to Walkman's & videos to CD's & DVD's and now

NetFlix and cell-phones that can do so many things, they

are more watch or camera or computer these days - still

need various gadgets for different activities - like my dad


Who had three radios, each on a different station for easy

listening: I can never fully enter the technological age, even

though Google is my best friend and Facebook’s virtual life

is wonderful since I live like a hermit due to allergies which

irritate my poor victims who have to survive my eccentricities

and restless tricks - luckily all my family members also have


Their own idiosyncracies - which make life sparkle for me!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...