Tuesday, May 10, 2022

I'm A Useful Human Being

[Diary Notes]

I need not make a list of things I should do today,

or things I’ve forgotten to do yesterday, I can see

what should be done when looking around, a list is

a representation of reality and never the real thing,

 

My mind finds a list is dangerous, causing dyslexia

as the words and numbers jump up and down, if I

mention something once I mention it again - when

using the alphabet, things get worse, ordering new

 

Books twice of thrice, I should have been punished

for misusing funds, and I was, come to think of it –

but today as a cleaning housewife things are easy:

first do the ironing, make the bed in the guest room

 

With neatly ironed sheets, put back the rugs washed

yesterday, hang out tattered blankets from the dog’s

kennel – already done: let me find the music stream

that will carry my spirit while ironing is done, then I

 

Shall daydream with every shirt, dawdle over every

sheet, enjoy the iron’s heat while doing something

so practical I’m a useful human being, not a bundle

of nerves because the words and numbers on my

 

Official list are all wrong again…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...