Saturday, May 7, 2022

Feelings Create The Scenes

[Memoirs]

My two elder brothers both carry the sky in their eyes,

both have blue sapphires shining beneath high brows,

I still love them today as I did when I was small - they  

remain two gods in my pantheon, the were the whole

world to me then, but my mother and father’s sapphire

eyes only reached them, my twin sis & I have to make

 

Do with the green tint of emeralds, and when I met the

Lord & Master of the Crocodile Castle I was surprised

by his chestnut colour eyes & the both crocodile kids

inherited his chestnut orbs and thus regard the world

with the same sense of reality which enables all three

to stay tethered to reality - I still share the same ability

 

With my brothers to get carried away to the high seas

by a book and a dream, but I keep an emerald eye on

the Master of the Castle to return to my berth as soon

as duty calls & this way I shall never lose my footing

again and drift off into the horizon, lost & scared & all

alone with only my dreams for company - which do

 

Not manage to keep me warm in the cold autumn days

as I’m watching the leaves falling and know autumn is

the prelude to loss, regret and death in the garden, to

grass turning the colour of ashes & an ice-cold kitchen

in the morning – but which turns into a glowing pearl in

the winter afternoon’s golden winter sun: as long as I

 

Faithfully follow the rules that keep the iron framework

of reality in place, I can dream in the spaces between

where reality cracks and feelings create the scenes

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...