Saturday, April 30, 2022

Early Sunday Morning Prayer

When Amira appears on screen

and begins to sing, eyes closed

praising Mary, mother of God,

in supplication to pray for us


And orchestral harmonies start

rolling like wheels within wheels,

it becomes a soft prayer - until

Amira’s vibrato starts shimmering


Taking me with her, heart and soul,

her emotion of devotion is so real

it makes me feel my soul becomes

enclosed in her melodious prayer


To remain there, safely held within

until the hour of my death - then

my soul will rejoice with her song

unto my Heavenly Father On High


“Ave Maria” Gounod, Reykjavik

Lyrics:

Ave Maria

Liturgical

Ave Maria, gratia plena,

Dominus tecum,

benedicta tu in mulieribus,

et benedictus fructus ventris tui Jesus.

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei,

ora pro nobis peccatoribus,

nunc et in hora mortis nostrae.

Amen.

.

Hail Mary

Liturgical

Hail Mary, full of grace,

the Lord is with thee,

blessed art thou among women,

and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, mother of God,

pray for us sinners,

now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

https://www.oxfordlieder.co.uk/song/3829

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...