Sunday, April 17, 2022

We Scare Ourselves

 

Watching Lethal Weapon by Mel Gibson, officers

discussing the death of the daughter of the police

chief, her drink must have been spiced with Drain

Cleaner, so if she were not killed by the drugs, she

would have died in any case – which reminds me

of the day I had taken a 2-litre bottle of iced water

 

From the deep fridge with me to the office, when

it was melted enough I took a sip and spluttered,

the worst taste in my mouth, our house manager,

our beloved Linah used to mix carpet cleaner and

keep the clear mixture in 2-litre bottles around the

house, I must have seen it and put it in the freezer

 

And today tasted what that cleaner was like, awful

in the extreme, I remember I laughed so much on

discovering my mistake, which made me think the

police officers might have been mistaken and she

could have been imbibing a cleaning lady’s mixture

by mistake like I did – or shall we go for the even

 

Better explanation, that someone spiked my drink

to bump me off – Oooo, let’s do, it is so much more

interesting a theory and embroidering reality is what

imaginative people do – though we scare ourselves

so much in the process….

 

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...