Sunday, April 17, 2022

The Great Voice And His Whispering Wife

He had a most beautiful voice – a bass violin, 

the purest Afrikaans diction and his wife Aunt 

Miem had no voice at all since her vocal chords 

had been removed, but you always understood 


Her perfectly, she loved Klasie Inkduiwel and he 

loved her so much, when we visited them for the 

first time it was surreal, the Great Voice and his 

Whispering Wife, to see the love and admiration 


In your eyes, I loved her also for that reason and 

marveled at Oom Kulubas who spoke with the 

authority and beauty of the gods, I was confused 

and overcome: Amersfoort, your home town, was 


A place of wonders, then for the first time in ages 

received a compliment from Oom Kulubas in that 

godly voice; as these were few and far between I 

treasured every one as more valuable than gold 


More valuable than a hundred empty words and 

Oom Kulubas was one of the giants who got a 

piece of my heart while Aunt Miem’s wonderful 

whispering filled your Inkduiwel-ears, it is a most 


Delightful memory, thank you for welcoming me 

to the special world of your magical youth… 

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...