Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Return To The Fairy Company

 

Reconstituting my menagerie, the dolls who lived

with me in Kingsley, my dad’s steam locomotive

providing the backdrop and there she is, my little

Duchess, I’m gluing my first porcelain doll together –

bought her while I was still at university, she has

 

been waiting all broken for today when I am saving

her life and giving her room to play, and the broken

wing of Hanlie’s fairy has been mended also – now

she and I both are free – these dolls are all effigies,

aspects of life and carrying feeling and keeping a

 

secret, guarding a moment in time, painted faces

so pleasing, even a green frog to be the frog prince,

the tall porcelain fairy with exquisite face and the

beautiful doll all plastic – but it is a CharLady day

and the ironing is clamouring for attention to detail

 

and practicalities, let me succour the Heath-god  

and work away till everything in the CharCastle is

without crease and family looks well-groomed, then

I can return to the fairy company living in my sunroom!

 

 

 

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...