Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Kept The Old Fire Alive In My Heart

 I never studied my mother tongue, a language which I

love - because there is no loyalty to the original terms

with which the giants of old followed the Lord praising

Him – NO, the old Psalm book was rewritten again by

 

Those who detest all things sweet and lyrical, forcing

the congregation to sing without fire and elation in the

melody, we learned the Psalms by heart and I enjoyed

the German quality in the words and lines – BUT those

 

In power chose ugliness in realism to be the antidote to

the overpowering magnitude of the old translations by

Totius and others – the killers had taken my joy away,

I retaliated by revoking membership of this peerless

 

Joyless group - and kept the old fire alive in my heart

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...