Saturday, April 9, 2022

Chronicling Their Impressions Without Delicacy


Maybe I shall publish a novella one day, Miss Inez Pince-

Nez thought - my brother the ever helpful and so delighful 

Peter Pan from Neverland sent me a book on writing books

BUT that got short shrift as the example given there, template 

and pattern for creating according to recipe, sounds AWFUL 

to me, when I dream of writing books


I visualize Jean-Jacques Rousseau and Madame Scudery,

Heloise and Abélard, Noble Savage, Flaubert and Madame 

Bovary - I WRONGLY thought the Queen of Hearts was like  

Mme Bovary but I was wrong, not having read the novel I 

never knew the Queen was not in that class, she worked 

harder than most slaving in an office all day, doing more 


After hours, when she entertained, she held Conan by her 

side blissfully unaware how strange their match - blind to 

the fact that his presence was not a credit to her aspirations - 

Conan MY Barbarian, dear bristling Conan, in salty sailor-

mood, watched the Queen's ceremonies with a jaundiced 

eye, Conan, spectacle specimen, balancing on one leg


The strangest Tin Soldier picture in the universe, making rude 

remarks about stomach disorders and intestines; this reminds 

of a memo to myself: I would NEVER recommend great society 

ladies having smart soireés attended by author-buffoons with the  

sensitivity of rats, afterwards chronicling their impressions without 

delicacy - such as Balzac, reading Eugénie Grandet I felt a crude 


Presence in the author and upon reading the biography of Honore 

de Balzac my suspicions were verified... 


No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...