Saturday, April 16, 2022

Ms Inez Pince-Nez, Moralist - Part 1

 

[Studies in Ontology] 

I must object, you have not covered the subject - if I hadn't

studied the literature I would have been easy prey to your

cavalier dismissal of the phenomena which were studied by

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. You only quote the skeptics and thus

confuse the uninformed immediately.

You start with the assumption that consciousness cannot

communicate from beyond the grave, and I applaud your

attempt to protect the idiots who follow claims about invisible

things and part with their money for the chance to experience

something exciting, but totally impossible to prove or disprove.

 

The first thing I do is to NEVER part with any money when doing 

research in the field of Ontology – whenever material motives are 

mentioned, I know charlatans are using the occult for money-making. 

The only aspect of the invisible that constitutes proof that it might

be real is total refusal of the financial or worldly, fame or power motive.


The claimant MUST WORK for an income and provide in their own 

needs. NO payment required for whatever revelations are made –

just as Jesus and his disciples never took payment. This is why 

Wittgenstein wrote his essay "Why I am not a Christian" - because 

there were no believers who chose poverty willingly - only people  

who make use the Christian creed as it has metastized in the Bible 

of today after ages of changes and slashing and trimming; to make 

an income, to become famous or obtain power over others.

[END OF PART 1]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...