Monday, April 25, 2022

The Prince's Name Is LOVE

[Fantasy] 

As Amira sings Nessum Dorma I’m dreaming &

look up the opera to find the mythical meaning

behind the cruel Princess Turandot who will not

let anybody sleep until she knows the Prince’s

 

Name and can kill him: Puccini’s symbolism is

so beautiful, it shatters my peace and makes

my heart race a million times to the beat; when

a symbolic character Liù says she knows the

 

Prince's name she is tortured, Turandot asks

her what gives her such strong resolve and Liù

answers It is LOVE saying Turandot is encircled

by ice, promising that she shall learn the exquisite

 

Joy of compassionate love herself, then Liù stabs

herself so reinforcing the symbolism of her words

and Turandot admits since meeting the Prince she

both hated and loved him, and asks him to leave

 

To take his mystery name with him, but the Prince

reveals his name thus placing his life in her hands

as she can destroy him if she wants to, Turandot

and Calaf approach the Emperor’s Throne and

 

Turandot, changed, says she now knows the

Prince's Name:  It is LOVE

Nobody shall sleep!...
Nobody shall sleep!
Even you, oh Princess,
in your cold room,
watch the stars,
that tremble with love and with hope.
But my secret is hidden within me,
my name no one shall know...
No!...No!...
On your mouth, I will tell it when the light shines.
And my kiss will dissolve the silence that makes you mine!...
(No one will know his name and we must, alas, die.)
Vanish, o night!
Set, stars! Set, stars!
At dawn, I will win! I will win! I will win!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...